Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Factory Basement



With this composition I wanted to get a feel for where the characters (the robots) work, so I did a quick color study of the basement. These robots are low-class robots (just older models), so their time is spent underground making sure the "Build-A-Human" factory is kept up and runs smoothly. I thought grungy, yet still well build. I also wanted this to be a contrast between the pristine exterior, which included the lighting as well. Until next time.....

2 comments:

chunter said...

I really like the mood here. I think you did a great job of conveying grungy and well built. Now I'm curious, though ... where's the little guy going? Is there a shipment of humans going out with extra arms?!

Ryan McCulloch said...

Wow, fantastic! This may be one of your best pieces yet.